Having barely slept due to excitement we set off to Heathrow airport. Destination: Amman, Jordan.
I am proud to announce that I did buy those Ray-Ban sunglasses and also, much to my delight, the hazelnut Clinique Chubby Stick that I’ve been lusting after for quite some time.
What I’m wearing
Just because I was going to sit on a plane for 5.5 hours did not mean I wanted to look like a slob (ok granted, I do have extreeeeemely slobbish days but this is not one of them) but I did want to be comfy and be able to snuggle up on my little aeroplane chair in an attempt to sleep. I opted for a printed jumpsuit which has become one of my wardrobe staples; it’s so easy to wear as it doesn’t even require you to wear any jewellery with it and has a cut out back so you can just shove your hair up and you’re good to go! I, however, decided to pair it with a waterfall cardigan which gets marks for comfiness but also gets marks for covering up my back seeing as I was flying to a muslim country. Sticking to the comfy theme, I wore a pair of simple white plimsolls that are easy peasy to slip off on the plane. Apologies to my parents who were sat next to me. Of course I needed a nice big bag to fit all my clutter and purchases into and that bag came in the form of an ASOS black crocodile bag. My final item – the holiday anklet. A necessity.
What’s in my bag
- Reading: Je crois me souvenir – Philippe Bouvard – Autobiography of his 60 years in the journalism industry
- Moisturising: Avon Glycerine Hand Cream + Palmer’s Cocoa Butter lip balm
- Listening to: The Cat Empire – Perfect for getting me in the holiday mood!
- Chanel lipstick (Shade 19 Gabrielle)
- Various notepads in case I’m feeling creative. This rarely happens but when it does it’s best to be prepared!